Our Covid-19 services include:
- Using a variety of platforms in addition to phone calls, we have continued regular visits with our hospice patients, their families and any individual reaching out to JHCLA for spiritual support.
- We are continuing to support healthcare professionals on the frontlines, including psychotherapists, by creating confidential space to process their stress and recharge themselves.
- We continue our work of Bereavement Counseling, a cornerstone of JHCLA’ s services. We are innovating workarounds for families denied access to family members at the time of death, families not allowed funerals and denied the grief support of their communities.
If you or someone you care about is in need of assistance during this pandemic, please do not hesitate to call us, 310 277-1550.
You may also mail your contributions to:
Jewish Healing Center of Los Angeles
10573 W. Pico Blvd., Suite 850
Los Angeles, CA 90064
The Jewish Healing and Hospice Center of Los Angeles is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All contributions are deductible to the full extent of the law.
Can we count on you for…
Death & Dinner Fundraising Events
How we feel about death is once again an important topic of discussion. Whether we’re discussing California’s new physician assisted suicide law or hospice and spiritual care at the end of life, one fact remains: how we feel about the subject, what our wishes for ourselves are, and how we live life day to day when we are acutely aware that nothing lasts forever, is of utmost importance to the living. Whether it’s aging parents or our own realization that our bodies have an agenda all their own that moves inexorably forward, or suddenly takes a sharp turn, death is here to stay.
So why not have a meal and celebrate it? The Romans ate, enjoyed and had serious discussions at the same time; they called it a symposium. We’re calling it Death & Dinner. Preeminent death and dying expert Rabbi Carla Howard will guide you through a provocative discussion that will leave you with a takeaway better than any goody-bag. It is a fundraiser to benefit the work of the Jewish Healing Center of Los Angeles and you could possibly have the most important conversation of your life. If you embrace life’s gifts and challenges, we know you’ll enjoy this evening.
Another way to help JHCLA!
Please call us at (310)277-1550.
Do you purchase on Amazon? (Who are you kidding!)
Did you know that every time you make a purchase, JHCLA gets a percentage of the sales if you designate us as the the charity of your choice?
To designate JHCLA do the following:
- Go to Smile.amazon.com (same ID and password as Amazon.com).
- On your first visit to Amazon Smile you need to select JHCLA by typing “Jewish Healing and Hospice Center” on the search bar that reads “pick your own charitable organization”
- Once Jewish Healing and Hospice Center of Los Angeles appears click “select”, then “yes”.
- If you already have an Amazon Smile account, you simply sign in into your smile.amazon.com account and click on the charity you are supporting link (at the bottom of the search bar) and change to JHCLA.
Smile.amazon.com and Amazon.com have the same prices.